GOD DAMN YES I am an adult ....
- I pay all of my bills on time, I am never EVER late with my bills.
- I keep track of all my expenses on Quicken, like a badass. I even have monthly charts to show me where my expenses are going so I can budget accordingly. I am one lean mean financially stable machine.
- I like myself. Not every day but in general. This is a key step in realizing you are old enough to handle your own shit.
- I have an adult job. I manage an employee. High level people depend on me and know that I will come through. I have marketable skills ($$$). There is career growth in my future.
- I feed and clothe myself. I go to the doctor and dentist on regular intervals.
- I rarely watch tv. Most of my tv habits are when I'm going to someone else's house but I actually only follow Mad Men right now.
- I own an espresso machine.
- I can pull together a delicious meal for company when I want to.
- I have finally stopped moving around the country in search of the perfect city to call a home. I found my home.
No ::::weeping::: I'm a CHILD
- For the most part, everyone I hang out with is in a stage of arrested development.
- Every day of the week has a theme associated with it .... "Things Tuesday" "Therapy Thursday" "Mistake Sunday" are all things that real adults do not have in their life.
- Half of my apartment is sponsored by Ikea.
- I can't sustain a wine "collection" because it never lasts that long in my apartment. Whatever enters shall be consumed. And how!
- I still preparty. Even though I can legitimately afford alcohol now.
- I have hosted a keg party in the last 6 months.
- I'm single. No real romantic prospects on the horizon. I'm approaching 30.
- I regularly pass out on friends couches for the evening and/or they pass out on mine. Adulthood means waking up in your bed. Every time.
- I can't keep up with grocery shopping. I basically have string cheese and salsa available every day - anything else is a crapshoot. There is often a strange odor emitting from my fridge due to some form of food that sat in there far passed it's expiration date. Hello 12 month old new potatoes!
- I threw up in a car this year. Twice.
- While I can put items in an orderly area, the deep cleaning rarely happens. Who the eff wants to clean the toilet when you can head to the beach?
10/8/10 update ..... The cleaners just called to say that I've left my clothes there since July. ADULT FAIL.